Mid Carolina Radio

WREV



William Manton Oliver, Sr., the owner the Reidsville Review, put WREV on the air in 1950. The station was on 1220, with studios and offices on North Scales Street downtown.

Management of Reidsville Broadcasting Company Inc. included Mr. Oliver as President, C.R. Oliver as General Manager and James Crawford as Program Director. As WREV was a daytime station and the company wanted to broadcast high school football, an FM station was added. Programming was simulcast until 1966 when William Oliver, Jr., took over operations at the stations. WREV-FM became a Christian radio station and the call letters were changed to WWMO. The company was sold to George Beasley in 1977.

In November 1976, WREV was purchased by  MHR Broadcasting Incorporated. The owners were  Moon Mullins, Jerry Huskey and Dr. Robinson. Don Carroll was Program Director, Ken Echols News Director and Bejamin "Doc" Grogan  Chief Engineer. The format was country with a few hours of black programming. Tony Mullins later became  the General Manager and Sales Manager. The station was sold to HHGD Broadcasting in 1997 and continues its regional Mexican format today (2012).

 

In 1987 after the FM facility was moved to Greensboro, “Big 102.” made its debut with a new country format. Its call letters were taken from WBIG, which was Greensboro’s first radio station that had recently  gone off the air. Three years later, a change to “Churban” was made with call letters WJMH. Entercom Communications Corporation has owned the station since 1999.

 

  

Please CONTACT US with your information about WREV/WWMO. 
Website Builder